Help build this campaign
What we do right now will determine whether or not HS2 happens.
It's that simple.
Make a donation today and ensure HS2AA has the resources needed to win this campaign.
The more we raise the stronger our campaign will be.
If you wish to donate to the legal fund, you can find out more here.
Where Does Your Money Go?
Even with volunteers, running a national campaign is an expensive business. HS2AA uses donations to make the powerful case against HS2. Our activities include:
- Helping to raise awareness of the flaws in HS2 through advertising, across a range of print and online publications.
- Highlighting to politicians in Westminster and the devolved administrations via lobbying the flaws in HS2 and why communities across the country will lose out if it goes ahead.
- Maximising coverage of the flaws in the HS2 proposals in the media in all its forms, ensuring the arguments against this flawed project are understood by all.
- Drafting specialist publications on key issues relating to HS2, including the flaws in its business case, the impact on the environment and what alternatives for Britain’s transport system could provide a better return and if appropriate getting them externally validated, printed and distributed.
- Reviewing whether the Government and HS2 have acted lawfully in connection with the decisions made in connection with this project.
- Communicating and coordinating with over 70 local groups, other national organisations and individual supporters, key messages and developments in connection with HS2, using the latest database and social media tools.
- Working to ensure the most effective responses to Government announcements and consultations on HS2.
The more donations we receive the more resources we can devote to making the case against HS2. To give one small practical example, whilst we normally use e-mail for making contact with opinion formers, sending letters makes a bigger impact. However just writing to every member of the House of Lords costs £700 in postage alone. Given our aim is to ensure our message is not only considered by every member of the House of Lords but also MPs, MSPs, London Assembly Members and many other decision makers, our costs quickly mount up.
Where Your Money Doesn’t Go
All our funds go on fighting the case against HS2-nothing gets taken out for any salaries, travel or similar expenses. Everyone who works for HS2AA does so on a purely voluntary basis and we are lucky to have a wide range of professional skills amongst our supporters to help us (legal, rail, PR, economics, modelling, IT, engineering).
How can I donate?
1. Regular Donation
You can help us most by donating a regular amount via standing order each month. This enables us to plan with certainty our activities. You can download a standing order form from our secure donations page.
Please complete and return the form to HS2AA Treasurer, Lamb Cottage, Potter Row, South Heath HP16 9LT
2. Internet Banking
Account Name: HS2 Action Alliance
Account Sort Code 20-40-71
Account Number 13337383
3. Credit or Debit Card Donation
Click here to make a secure online donation using a debit or credit card
Some Small Print
Donations to HS2AA are anonymous.
In the event the directors of HS2AA determine HS2 Action Alliance should be wound up, HS2AA will give all regular donors to its general fund at least six weeks notice to allow time for payments to be cancelled. Thereafter, and following settlement of all bills due etc, general funds will be equally distributed to the following charities:
British Heart Foundation
By donating to HS2AA’s general fund, via any mechanism, you are accepting these published terms.